Updated September 30 2020
Like you, I care about the protection of privacy, both online and offline.
And the EU’s new GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) affects us all. Below are the ways I use and store your data:
I do not, will not, sell your data, ever.
I do not, will not, spam you.
Any information gathered about you in person, via email, in online conversations, or via my online forms (including your name, contact details, and birth details) will never be sold; and will never be deliberately shared with any other parties, apart from the following exceptions:
- if required by law to do so;
- in the secure processing of that data as necessary in fulfilling my work for you (see the Third Party Services I use, below);
- if expressly requested to do so by you in writing (by email)
—example: for cross-referencing with other therapists or counsellors.
While I take great care to protect your personal data, if at any time you want your personal data altered, or deleted from my devices or server, you have that right. Please don’t hesitate to contact me in that instance.
1. Third Party Services I Use
- Typeform automatically send your form data, initial email, or survey answers to me at both my private, encrypted Swiss email account at ProtonMail (which I do not use for any other purpose), and my Spark email client, created by Readdle, an award-winning software company.
- Your Booking Form is stored on my computer, and on an external hard-drive, as a PDF document and is password-protected. It is not stored in my Email apps, but is deleted from them after I have downloaded it to my computer.
- Any further email correspondence I have with you is generated via the Spark email apps (on my Mac OS and iOS devices).
- My websites and email accounts are hosted by InMotion Hosting, which has an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau (USA and Canada).
- I offer secure online credit/debit card processing on my ExceptionalPurpose.com website via Stripe, an internationally recognised online company currently serving 100,000+ businesses in 100+ countries across nearly every industry on the globe. This BodhimindReiki.com website will soon be redesigned and will offer online payments; but until then, all payment procedures are accessed at my ExceptionalPurpose.com site (see the https and lock icon in the address bar for all pages on my sites, and for any site where you are sharing your data), even though all transactions occur on the Stripe server, not my ExceptionalPurpose.com (InMotion Hosting) server.
- I use Zapier to automatically populate my mailing list (stored on the MailChimp server, as above) from your online Stripe payments to me. If you do not wish to receive any correspondence from me in the future, you can either unsubscribe easily from within the next newsletter (though, I don’t send them often) or contact me to request removal from my newsletter list and/or from my email Contacts list altogether—no questions asked, it’s your prerogative.
- All Discussions within the Bodhimind Courses are strictly confidential. And that goes for both sides: if I share anything personal with you during the Bodhimind Course that may be pertinent for you, I expect you to also honour my own privacy.
- I don’t write client files about you (but I do store what you have included in your Booking Form—as described above)
- This site uses the Google Analytics cookies to collect your general usage data for analytics processing only. However, I have activated ‘IP-anonymization’ on my websites (your IP address is therefore truncated) to prevent personally identifiable information or associations about you being sent to Google.
- Google Analytics records my site’s anonymous visitors’ movements around my website, the time visitors spend on each page, demographics such as country or city location, and type of device (mobile, iOS, Apple, Windows, etc).
- The ‘Peristent Cookies’ (text files) in your browser are also set to expire after one month.
- You also have the option to switch Cookies off altogether via the “No” button in the Cookies bar that appears at the bottom of the screen when you first open this website.
If you have any security concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Any testimonials you have offered that are published on any of my websites can be deleted or altered at your will. Please contact me for any changes, and I will implement them asap.
I recommend you check out as much information as you can regarding the new GDPR legislation from the European Union, whether a site visitor or a website owner. It ultimately applies to all of us, regardless of where we live. As a website visitor, you will have extra rights to all of your online stored data, globally, as of May 25 2018.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your trust!
— Kerrie Redgate
Terms & Conditions:
Updated May 27 2018
(I’m referring to myself in the 3rd Person, for the legal terminology.
‘Kerrie’ refers to Kerrie Redgate, the person who’s services you will be engaging for the Bodhimind Reiki Courses described on this website; ‘birth data’ refers to your birth date, birth place, and birth time)
- Kerrie Redgate is not responsible for your use of the Reiki techniques and empowerments you receive during the Bodhimind Reiki courses.
- Your birth data is given to Kerrie as your choice, and it is not vital for the attendance of the Bodhimind courses. However, if incorrect birth data has been given to Kerrie (evident in your Booking Form), Kerrie cannot take any responsibility. Please make sure your correct birth data has been entered into the Booking Form. This is your responsibility.
- If Kerrie has made an error inputting your birth data into her devices to calculate your chart, Kerrie will take full responsibility for this and will correct the error asap, and offer new evaluation to you, pertaining to your Reiki course at no extra fee. Your Booking Form protects you in this instance as there is a record of your own data input.
- The Course Deposit fee will not be refunded for cancellations made within 3 days of the course starting date. Though, for emergency cases, Kerrie is open to negotiating a transfer of the funds to a new course date without you forfeiting your deposit on the condition that your non-attendance does not cause the cancellaton of the course (that is, if there are only two students remaining).
- While Kerrie recommends other therapists in good faith, including kinesiologists for birth time checks, Kerrie cannot be held responsible for their results.
- The information offered to you through Kerrie’s courses is to be considered advisory and not diagnostic; and involves ongoing research information that is to be received at your own discretion.
- If you have any problems with Kerrie’s services, please contact Kerrie privately and directly so the problem can be rectified for you to the best of Kerrie’s abilities. These courses are for your benefit, and Kerrie’s aim is to be of the highest service to you.
Thank you !
— Kerrie Redgate